Alba Orbital/PocketQube Shop is the world leader in PocketQube satellites and is one of the UK’s most innovative companies. Having recently been awarded the largest contract in the company’s history by the European Space Agency, we are looking to add a key member to our exceptional engineering team. This role will have an emphasis on On-Board Computer (OBC) and Electrical Power System (EPS) design, with some support to other sub-systems. We are a small company, building small satellites but with big aspirations. We have tripled in size in the last few months and is an opportunity for an engineer with a passion for space to gain a key role in one of the country’s most exciting companies.
- Digital and Analogue electronic hardware design and development for space conditions
- Prototyping and testing
- Component selection and documentation
- Design of circuitry and PCB layout for flight and test hardware.
- Assembly and debugging of various hardware.
- Mentor junior engineers
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar (Master’s or PhD preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Hands-on experience of designing and testing PCBs
- Experience of writing high-quality documentation
- Ability to work with little supervision
- KiCad and LTspice experience an advantage
- Competitive Salary
- 18 month contract with high likelihood of extension
Please email CV and Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org